As the owner of a classic, you know adding amenities is very limited with OE wiring. PST has paired with American Autowire to provide you with their Classic Update Series complete wiring kits. These kits include all you need to modernize and upgrade your classic vehicle and are made in the USA specific for your year, make and model. Now you can easily add power accessories such as windows, fuel injection, air conditioning and more easily. Order your kit today.
- A new ATO fuse box and bulkhead assembly designed to fit in the stock firewall mounting location with no modification for the 1978-80 models, or with some modification using the included firewall template for the 1971-77 models. Dash wiring is laid out to allow for nearly all stock and aftermarket accessories, such as gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc. Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness
- New factory “plug and play” wiper/washer switch and motor connections.
- Steering column connection that plug directly into the stock ‘78-‘80 Scout II columns or stock ’71-’77 Scout II and most aftermarket columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Factory style under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are included for use along with your original dome/interior lighting feeds.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. New factory style terminals and printed circuit board connectors for use with stock clusters: an American Autowire exclusive! The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges.
- New aftermarket tach connector and leads.
- New factory “plug and play” heater switch and blower resistor wiring and connectors.
- New factory A/C power feed and compressor wiring for use with the OE A/C harness.
- New factory-style stop/tail, back-up and side marker lamp connectors that attach to the factory rear lamps. New stop/tail and back-up lamp sockets are included for the 1978-80 models.
- New fuel tank sender and ground harness that plugs directly onto the tank sender, along with a new body pass-through wiring.
- New floor mounted dimmer switch, connector and leads.
- New fog lamp switch wiring and control relays.
- New factory-style headlight switch, connector and leads.
- Engine compartment wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, 4WD warning lamp switch, starter solenoid feeds, A/C compressor lead, electric fuel pump lead, alternator exciter feed and neutral safety and back up feeds. A high-powered 6 gauge 1-wire alternator connection with Mega-Fuse protection is supplied.
- Front light wiring includes extra-long leads that can be routed for stock or custom applications. Head light, parking / directional light, side marker light pigtails, fog lamp wiring, brake warning differential, and windshield washer pump connections are included. A switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay is also provided.
- New door jamb switch leads that will plug into your factory door jamb switches included.