As the owner of a classic, you know adding amenities is very limited with OE wiring. PST has paired with American Autowire to provide you with their Classic Update Series complete wiring kits. These kits include all you need to modernize and upgrade your classic vehicle and are made in the USA specific for your year, make and model. Now you can easily add power accessories such as windows, fuel injection, air conditioning and more easily. Order your kit today.
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 25-amp circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted remotely on harness.
- Upgraded fuse box designed to fit in original location with no modification. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc. All necessary attaching hardware included.
- Many original switch connector bodies - an American Autowire exclusive feature.
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most stock 1976-86 Jeep columns and most aftermarket steering columns. Column adapter and terminals also included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are also included for use along with your original dome/interior lighting feeds.
- New floor dimmer switch is providede for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals, connectors, lamp sockets, and attaching nuts (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as DAKOTA DIGITAL, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, AUTOMETER, VDO, and others.
- A completely assembled "plug and play" OE style weatherproof tail lamp harness using stock Jeep molded connector plugs is included (another American Autowire exclusive). Our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup, stop and tail, and rear side marker light lead wires all molded into the stock style Jeep T/L plugs. New side marker lamp socket pigtail extensions, license plate lamp lead connection, as well as the fuel tank sender lead connection are also included. Additional power lead wires in included for optional equipment.
- Complete fog lamp circuit including OE switch connector along with supplied power relay.
- New high and low beam relay circuits along with supplied relays for halogen headlights.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, transfer case warning lamp, under hood lamp, transmission kickdown and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated "SI" alternator. Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp senders.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All head light, parking light, directional light and side marker light leads, along with horn, washer pump, brake warning wires and a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided for you to complete your custom installation.
- New 1983-86 windshield wiper switch adapter assembly included (another American Autowire exclusive). 1976-86 motor and pump feeds also included.
- For customers building a fiberglass bodied vehicle, or one requiring extra grounding capabilities, a vehicle grounding kit is available to accommodate your needs. Please click here.