As the owner of a classic, you know adding amenities is very limited with OE wiring. PST
has paired with American Autowire to provide you with their Classic Update Series
complete wiring kits. These kits include all you need to modernize and upgrade your classic vehicle and are made in the USA specific for your year, make and model. Now you can easily add power accessories such as windows, fuel injection, air conditioning and more easily. Order your kit today.Kit Contents:
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 25-amp circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- NEW compact ATO-style fuse panel that is fully encased in a closed box assembly with cover lid and mounts inside the glove box (mounting hardware included). The fuse cover lid is labeled on the inside identifying all circuits by description and their respective fuse ratings. All high amperage output circuits incorporate the same superior spring steel reinforced terminals that are used in our Highway Series kits.
- Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all aftermarket accessories such as gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Many original switch connector bodies - an American Autowire exclusive feature.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1966-77 Ford columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are also included for use along with your original dome/interior lighting feeds.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" systems for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as Dakota Digital, Classic Instruments, Autometer, VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness at the left kick panel location and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires and connectors along with stop and taillight lead wires and connectors to mate into the stock Ford tail and back up lamp pigtail assemblies. A license plate lamp lead connection, as well as fuel tank sender leads and tank extension for both single and dual tank applications are also included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator. Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp senders. A Ford Gen III series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All headlight, parking light, and directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided for you to complete your custom installation.
- New ignition switch with indexed connector included.
- New windshield wiper switch with indexed connector and motor leads included (must be mated to your stock motor through your windshield frame assembly).
- Original boots for every location needing protection! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internally regulated alternators. GM "CS" series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).