As the owner of a classic, you know adding amenities is very limited with OE wiring. PST
has paired with American Autowire to provide you with their Classic Update Series
complete wiring kits. These kits include all you need to modernize and upgrade your classic vehicle and are made in the USA specific for your year, make and model. Now you can easily add power accessories such as windows, fuel injection, air conditioning and more easily. Order your kit today.Kit Contents:
- Correct replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker.
- Original Ford styled headlight switch connector.
- Headlight enhancement relays allow for high-powered halogen headlights.
- Separate relay controlled circuit for cars that have stock or aftermarket fog or driving lamps.
- Original style ignition switch connector.
- Standard turn signal flasher and hazard flasher mounted on fuse panel; horn relay mounted on harness.
- New ATO fuse box fits the the left of the original bulkhead pass through opening and allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility.
- Harness allows for most aftermarket accessories such as: gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc.
- All required hardware supplied.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Complete ignition and turn signal switch jumper harnesses with mating connectors and terminals along with full color instructions that include all of the dash/main harness connections that are unique to the 1970 Mustang installation.
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market steering columns.
- Directions and an adapter with terminals are included for adapting to a stock 1969 Ford Mustang steering column.
- Separate optional under-dash light sockets along with original dome/interior light wiring.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a separate "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. The best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes JME ENTERPRISES, AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness behind the left hand kick panel for easy accessibility and allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead and ground wires, stop and tail light lead wires with proper focal length sockets, third brake light wire and the correct license plate lead connection for use with your stock tag lamp. Fuel tank sender wire and sending unit extension are also included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided and mounts in the stock location.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, brake warning (with later updated extension if necessary), and electronic speedometer (if necessary). A heavy gauge alternator feed wire is provided for a typical 1 wire high-powered installation.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, fog light, and directional light leads are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).