As the owner of a classic, you know adding amenities is very limited with OE wiring. PST
has paired with American Autowire to provide you with their Classic Update Series
complete wiring kits. These kits include all you need to modernize and upgrade your classic vehicle and are made in the USA specific for your year, make and model. Now you can easily add power accessories such as windows, fuel injection, air conditioning and more easily. Order your kit today.Will not support factory A/CKit Contents:
- Replacement headlight switch with internal 30-amp circuit, retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob included.
- Standard turn signal and hazard flashers are mounted on fuse panel. A new horn relay is mounted on the main dash harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location. Al required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse box allows easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness allows for nearly all aftermarket accessories such as gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc. Firewall modification template included.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1964-67 GM columns that use stock GM turn signal switches.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamps for use along with your original dome/interior lighting.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness in the stock location and longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires with correct lamp sockets or connectors, stop and taillight lead wires with correct lamp sockets, terminals and connectors to mate with the license plate connection wire, and fuel tank sender wire with trunk grommet and tank connection.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a cluster harness disconnect system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors (exclusively from American Autowire), and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, COVAN CLASSICS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Original style light sockets, switch body connectors, terminals, etc.
- GM bulkhead connectors for the engine and front light wiring are included (another American Autowire exclusive) and allow for easy installation with original or custom routing.
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as HEI distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM HEI distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internally regulated alternators. GM "CS" series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All headlight, parking and directional light connectors and terminals are provided along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).