As the owner of a classic, you know adding amenities is very limited with OE wiring. PST has paired with American Autowire to provide you with their Classic Update Series complete wiring kits. These kits include all you need to modernize and upgrade your classic vehicle and are made in the USA specific for your year, make and model. Now you can easily add power accessories such as windows, fuel injection, air conditioning and more easily. Order your kit today.
This kit will not support the use of a factory tach
Keys not included in this kit
- Correct replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker. With original Ford headlight switch connector.
- Headlight enhancement relays allow you to run high-powered halogen headlights. A separate fog light relay is included to control factory or aftermarket fog lights.
- Complete wiring for all running lights, brake lights, directional lights, license lights and third brake lights.
- Harness allows for most after market accessories such as; gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc.
- Correct replacement ignition switch for use with your original bezel and tumbler. Includes original connector body.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher and horn relay mounted on harness.
- New ATO fuse box fits in center of the firewall away from heater and A/C ducts and allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility.
- Door jamb switches included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch location.
- 175 amp mega-fuse protection on both the fuse panel feed and alternator charging circuit. 6 gauge alternator charge cable included.
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns. Directions and an adapter with terminals are included for running a stock Mustang steering column.
- Separate optional under-dash light sockets along with original dome/interior light wiring.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. The best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, fog light, and directional light leads are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness behind the left hand kick panel for easy accessibility and allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead and ground wires, stop and tail light lead and ground wires with proper focal length light sockets, third brake light wire and the correct license plate lead connection for use with your stock tag lamp. Fuel tank sender wire and sending unit extension are included.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, brake warning (with later updated extension if necessary), and electronic speedometer (if necessary). A heavy gauge alternator feed wire is provided for a typical 1 wire high-powered installation.